A surviving woman who was declared dead in US Michigan has filed a lawsuit

A surviving woman who was declared dead in a suburban area of ​​Detroit in the US state of Michigan has filed a lawsuit on Thursday for $ 50 million (about Rs 3 billion 66 crore). The woman’s family’s attorney filed the case against a community in suburban Detroit and four of its first responders.

Attorney Geoffrey Feeger said in a release announcing the lawsuit filed in US district court in Detroit that 20-year-old Timah Buechamp was placed in a body bag and was “left for 4 hours without oxygen, causing his brain.” Damaged. ” Figger said his condition remains critical.

Beauchamp is suffering from cerebral palsy (cerebral palsy) and his family called Emergency Medical Service 911 on August 23 because he was having severe breathing problems. Emergency medical technicians and paramedics arrived at his Southfield home.

A doctor at Southfield Hospital who had not even seen Beauchamp declared him dead on the report of his First Responder (one of the first responders). First Responder told the doctor on the telephone that there is no movement in the patient for 30 minutes and there are no signs of life in it.

Beauchamp was not taken to hospital until an hour after that, until Cole Funeral Home (funeral home) in Detroit called 911. The state said funeral home staff saw her chest move while picking up the body at her Southfield home.

A surviving woman who was declared dead in US Michigan has filed a lawsuit
A surviving woman who was declared dead in US Michigan has filed a lawsuit

Beauchamp’s family said they were assured by the medical team that she was dead. “If a little care had been taken, all of this could have been avoided,” Figur said in his release.

Southfield Fire Chief Johnny Menifee has said that it is under investigation. He told reporters in late August that Beauchamp would have survived because of “Lazarus syndrome”. “Lazarus Syndrome” means that if attempts to revive someone fail, then they get life without any help.

The lawsuit names the City of Southfield, Michael Storm, Scott Rickard, Philip Mulligan and Jake Kroll. Storm, Rickard, Mulligan and Krol filed suit in federal court last month to prevent their licenses being suspended.

The news agency messaged Menifee’s family lawsuit and the city’s community relations office Thursday afternoon seeking their comments Thursday, according to the report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *